I’ve been very bad about updating after Pretty Little Liars episodes, mostly because I’ve been quite busy and lazy. I will be better about that! After a slow start, this season has certainly picked up delivering two absolutely fantastic episodes, but none compare to Tuesday’s delightful “Shadow Play.” Spencer’s adderall addled brain produced an exquisite fever dream, pitch-perfect in tone and gorgeous to look at. Anyway, enough of my apologies and fangirling. Here are some other thoughts I had about the episode. (All images from Pretty Little Liars Wikia)
- All of these girls have the perfect faces for this genre. Let’s just make all episodes like this. I’d watch the shit out of that
- But seriously there were so many beautiful shots in this episode, let’s incorporate that film noir feel more intensely in the regular episodes.
- Paige certainly drew the wardrobe/styling short stick this week. I guess they were going for “spinster” school teacher?
- Speaking of Paily, since this episode takes place in Spencer’s head, does that mean she imagines Emily and Paige doing it? Weird.
- No matter how creepy Ezra is, he will never be a better A than Mona.
- Can Aria be any more pretentious naïve or annoying? I don’t think she can. Also, I’m pretty sure she clashed even in black and white.
- Toby had some of the best lines this episode, but I’m okay with losing him for the rest of the season, especially if that means we don’t have to deal with his dead mom storyline anymore.
Looking forward to next week’s episode, though I will miss the noir feel. My one desire for the rest of the season -let’s get Ezra figured out and defeated. A is like a hydra, when you lop one head off two will grow in its place. Defeating Ezra will be a nice reminder for the girls that 1. Everyone is a suspect and 2. They are never safe. Make it happen, Marlene!